If you’ve been looking for ways to de-stress and take a quick break from your daily tasks, we suggest enjoying a shower spa – in your bathroom.
The right shower can invigorate your body and senses so you can start the day feeling energised. And if it’s the end of a long day, it can relax your muscles for a peaceful sleep.
We’ve come up with 6 ways to help you make the most out of a 10-minute shower. Follow these steps and feel the shift in your mood:
1. Set the mood with relaxing music. Play some ambient music to transform your bathroom into a spa-like sanctuary.
Put this relaxing playlist on to take your shower to another level:
2. Pick the right fragrance. The scent of aromatherapy candles or incense instils a sense of relaxation and serves up spa vibes. Different aromatherapy scents are thought to have specific benefits. Lavender, rosemary, clary sage and ylang ylang are aromas that can reduce stress. Bergamot, lemongrass, thyme invigorate your senses and offer energy-enhancing benefits.
3. Bringing nature indoors. Plants can reduce stress and anxiety. Hanging eucalyptus in your shower can produce an immediate sense of calm. Shower steam helps activate and release eucalyptus oil which promotes relaxation.
4. Practice mindful breathing. Before entering the shower, concentrate on your breathing by slowing it down to make your body-conscious.
6. Embrace your body and mind -- think of all things you love about yourself. Keep focusing on your breathing as you walk out.
The showers you take every day can feel that good if you have a showerhead that is built to suit your needs and mood. Showery has a range of showerheads that enable you to switch between different modes: massage, jetting and rainfall, so can control your showering experience. The instant start/ stop button keeps the hassles away for a comfortable shower. Wondering how great that might feel? Try for yourself.